Can anyone recommend the "go-to" Neurosurgeon in Southern CA

Discussions about the illness, treatments, doctors, etc.

Can anyone recommend the "go-to" Neurosurgeon in Southern CA

Postby Mark » Fri May 11, 2018 7:28 pm

Hi there.

I'm new to this forum and new to the world of CCMs. My genetic testing has revealed a positive result for CCM2. I just had an MRI and there are 4 legions in my brain. Can anyone recommend the best Neurosurgeon in Los Angeles to consult with regarding next steps? I am asymptomatic so there is no imminent rush, but I would like to get the ball rolling. The radiology report reads like an alien language!

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark
Mark

Re: Can anyone recommend the "go-to" Neurosurgeon in Souther

Postby Elizabeth » Sat May 19, 2018 4:14 pm

Welcome,

I live in SoCal and didn't have luck with any knowledgeable doctors here. Dr. Martin was at UCLA, and he was considered to be pretty good, but he wasn't a good fit for me...Hes moved though anyways. I'm not sure if there's anyone new or good at UCLA now. You can look for angiomas experts at the AA centers for excellence. I ended up going to phoenix to see Dr. Spetzler, but hes retired now. If I had issues now I would likely go to Dr. Spetzlers replacement...Dr. Lawton. Sorry I'm not more helpful.
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Return to Questions and Information About Cavernous Angioma