Intro

New members can introduce themselves here

Intro

Postby LMolina » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:42 am

Hi all. Im dad, and my daughter was diagnosed w a brainstem tumor in Aug 2017 after an ER visit. Later became aware of possibe CM, requiring immediate surgery as the "tumor" had hit critical mass and her body had shut down. She survived the surgery, and the team confirmed a CM. After a long hospital stay we're back.at home. Shes 7 now, living as full a life as she can while dealing w her daily struggles. Shes an inspiration to all that come in contact w her, and shes dads hero. All thanks to God.
Just stopping in to introduce ourselves. I hope to learn as much as I can to help my daughter move forward with this condition, and I also hope to share as much as I can to help others do the same. Stay strong!

God bless!
LMolina

Re: Intro

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:35 pm

Welcome,

I'm sorry your daughter was faced with this. I can't imagine having to parent through such scary things. I'm glad to hear she is recovering and hope she continues to make gains towards a full recovery.
Best wishes
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Re: Intro

Postby Michelle2000 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:45 am

LMolina,

Welcome. I'm glad your daughter is doing so well at this point. What a scary time for you. I wish you all the best as you move forward.

Michelle
17 year old son with brainstem CM resected in March 2010, CM at C2-C3,
CCM2 mutation; DH & BIL with multiples in brain and spine; (MIL - deceased spine & brain)
Michelle2000

Return to Introductions