Introducing

New members can introduce themselves here

Introducing

Postby Nreek » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi, my name is Enrique. I was recently diagnosed with cavernous malformations on 07/21/18. I found this out after I experienced a couple of seizures a couple of weeks apart. After cts and an MRI they found that I had a bleed. This is all overwhelming and new to me. I've been ordered not to work till the bleeding is under control so I have to wait for the dr to say its ok. Does anyone know how long it takes to recover from a bleed? Its was located on my frontal lobe.
Nreek

Re: Introducing

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:10 pm

Welcome,

I'm sorry you've been diagnosed and are having trouble. There really is no answer to your question. Everyone is different and hopefully the bleeding stops quickly and you recover quickly, but there's no specific timeline. You should read what you can on the main AA site, especially the newly diagnosed part. There's lots if good general information. Not sure if your doctor mentioned, but make sure you avoid any blood thinning medications or supplements including advil, alleve, aspirin, and many supplements. Check anything before you take it. If you are having a bleed and take blood thinners... It could bleed more for a longer time. Also, you didn't mention your symptoms or what kind of work you do. Are you in the US? You might want to find a doctor that knows about cavernous angiomas. The good doctors can be hard to find. If you search the main site for centers for excellence...
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Return to Introductions