New here

New members can introduce themselves here

New here

Postby Tpitman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:32 pm

I live in South Florida and had my first Dx of CCM in 2009. Lucky me - right. I had one bleed in my frontal lobe that left me paralyzed on the right side for 3 months. Christmas eve of 2016 I had my 2nd bleed and stroke. They both came after a dental procedure. So I am meeting with my dentist next week to discuss options. I am currently struggling with memory loss and decision making. Which are bad because I work as a teacher!!!!! I have looked at this group for a lot of information and support. Thanks guys!
Tpitman

Re: New here

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Welcome,
I'm sorry you are having problems. Going to the dentist freaked me out too after I was dx. My dentist ended up using lidocaine without the epinephrine when I needed knumbing for a deep cleaning...since I didn't go to the dentist for several years because I was too scared... He said without the epi...it might not work as well or wearoff quickly, but I was fine. Nothing hurt, and it took hours to wear off, way past the procedure. They have to remind me to breathe though...lol...I was sooo nervous. I survived and no problems, so if I need anything in the future(hopefully iwont need anymore) but if I do, I'm going with no epinephrine. Good luck.
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Return to Introductions