angioma en tronco cerebral

Foro de la ayuda en Español

Re: angioma en tronco cerebral

Postby Cecilia Camacho » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Hola. Me llamo Cecilia, soy de Jujuy, Argentina. A mi me hermana (31 años) le diagnosticaron cavernoma en tronco cerebral; los síntomas que tuvo fueron: muchos vómitos, visión doble, mareos, agotamiento y hormigueo en la mano izquierda y en la cara parte izquierda. En mi provincia no hay neurocirujanos que se especialicen en el tema, aquí no hacen este tipo de cirugías. Quisiéramos saber si alguien conoce en Argentina algún neurocirujano para poder consultar sobre su situación y las posibles opciones.
Muchas gracias de antemano, y toda la fuerza para todas las familias!
Saludos
Last edited by Cecilia Camacho on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cecilia Camacho

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:49 am

Welcome Cecelia,

I don't speak Spanish but I used google translate to read your post. I'm sorry to hear about your family member. I don't know anyone in Argentina, but if you are on face book, try our group there. They might know someone there. If you can't find anyone, you can consult with Dr. Spetzler @ Barrow's in Phoenix, AZ by mail. He will review the case and give you his recommendations. Lots of people have traveled from other countries to have surgery with him. He's one of the best. The brainstem is a very dangerous location so make sure whoever you consult with is really good and done lots of surgeries on the brainstem. Best wishes!
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Postby Cecilia Camacho » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:37 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Welcome Cecelia,

I don't speak Spanish but I used google translate to read your post. I'm sorry to hear about your family member. I don't know anyone in Argentina, but if you are on face book, try our group there. They might know someone there. If you can't find anyone, you can consult with Dr. Spetzler @ Barrow's in Phoenix, AZ by mail. He will review the case and give you his recommendations. Lots of people have traveled from other countries to have surgery with him. He's one of the best. The brainstem is a very dangerous location so make sure whoever you consult with is really good and done lots of surgeries on the brainstem. Best wishes!

Hello, Elizabeth. Thank you very much for your response, it was very helpful. I'm going to look for facebook and thank you for the name of Dr. Spetzler. It's nice to find a forum with people who live the same and help you. Many thanks from all my family!
I don't write well English, sorry if I made a mistake.
Cecilia Camacho

Previous

Return to Spanish