Giving birth and head massage

Discussions about the illness, treatments, doctors, etc.

Giving birth and head massage

Postby Vickis69 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:25 am

Hello.
I have an incidental find. It is 4mm long and at some point it has bled.
It is being monitored each year from now.
However I am pregnant and the surgeon has said that there is a small risk of rebleeding if I choose to push as there is with many things .. and I can choose to have a c section.
What is anyone's experience please.
Also I have pulled my neck muscle and would like an Indian head massage. Does anyone use this treatment ? Thanks
Vickis69

Re: Giving birth and head massage

Postby Elizabeth » Mon May 22, 2017 1:21 am

Welcome,
Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! So exciting! As far as delivery, most of what I've seen, recommended vaginal births. My doctor suggested an "easy" vaginal birth for my second child(first time I didn't know I had a cavernous angioma) with an epidural and allowed the baby to "labor down"... I only had to push once and she used the vacuum one tiny time. Baby was healthy and so was I. My OB said a csection would be more risky because of possible blood pressure fluctuations and surgery is more risky in general. My first delivery was the complete opposite of the first...I had almost 3 hrs of pushing, black eyes, completely exhausted...super hard...and I'm pretty sure that contributed to my cm bleeding...I will never know because it wasn't until 6 months later that I had my first MRI and was diagnosed with a cavernous angioma. If I knew about my cm I would have never had that first delivery like that. Heck, I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. Anyways, talk to your doctor about laboring down if you want...and an easy delivery. Also, most prenatal vitamins have an omega oil supplement... Omega oils in large doses can thin your blood. I personally would avoid them...ask your doctors. Indian massage? I don't know what that means...but probably would say no if it changes blood flow to your brain... I'm not sure.
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Return to Questions and Information About Cavernous Angioma