This question might sound silly, but...

Discussions about the illness, treatments, doctors, etc.

This question might sound silly, but...

Postby RosenBloom » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi guys! it's been a while since I last logged in. Life has changed quite a bit for me, I've moved to the Netherlands and I have yet to find a decent neurologist. I still have headaches here and there, mostly in the left side of my head. Life has been quite busy (currently studying for my integration exams).

Anyways, sorry if this question is silly, but I must ask... I might need to take part in an activity that might put me at risk of bumping my head (if gone wrong - accidents do happen). Would that increase my risk of a bleeding? My angioma is in the caudate nucleus, last time I had my MRI it was 10 mm big.

Sorry if this question sounds too silly or too obvious, I just want to be 100% sure.

Thanks in advance,

Karen
RosenBloom

Re: This question might sound silly, but...

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi,

I think we all understand the struggle to find a good neurologist....its more of an oxymoron actually. I hope u find a good one, but don't be too surprised, disappointed if u don't. I'm on #10 and still not thinking she's good.
Of course we are not doctors and I'm not sure on the research or evidence, but I would assume avoiding any head bumping is advisable. Pretty sure most MDS recommend avoiding high impact/contact sports. If you can avoid bumping your head that's best...and of course buy a good helmet and wear it if there's a possibility of impact. I had a very bad experience with hopscotch... Of all things... Mine was in the caudate nucleus as well. Its gone(fingers crossed) by impact from jumping caused my vision to be lost temporarily.. It was very scary. I would not be taking any chances of bumping my head, personally....but I'm paranoid.
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Return to Questions and Information About Cavernous Angioma