Left Frontal Lobe CCM with Hypertension

Discussions about the illness, treatments, doctors, etc.

Re: Left Frontal Lobe CCM with Hypertension

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:38 pm

Yep you are right...the people in suits crunching numbers decide what care you should get...that's why I hate managed care!!! The insurance commissioner is a state position...not sure if its an appointed position or voted. I tried to reach out to mine in CA once and they wouldn't do a thing. Guessing the outside opinions will be your best options...unless the study accepts you and pays for travel and everything. Dr. Awad is one of the best.
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Postby Breebers84 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Elizabeth wrote:Yep you are right...the people in suits crunching numbers decide what care you should get...that's why I hate managed care!!! The insurance commissioner is a state position...not sure if its an appointed position or voted. I tried to reach out to mine in CA once and they wouldn't do a thing. Guessing the outside opinions will be your best options...unless the study accepts you and pays for travel and everything. Dr. Awad is one of the best.

Currently working with the study to see if I can participate. Thanks for the tip! Wish me luck! ❤️
Breebers84

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:30 pm

Wishing you all the best!!!
Diagnosed September '09 with one CM centered in the right insular cortex/basal ganglia. Saw many, many doctors and had surgery 12/10/10 with Dr. Spetzler. I am thrilled to have this bleeding thing out of my head even though I suffered a stroke during surgery. Have had/ continue to make an amazing recovery. http://www.thankfulforeveryday.blogspot.com
Elizabeth

Previous

Return to Questions and Information About Cavernous Angioma